Sunday, October 21, 2012

Long Live Me!

As you may have heard by now, the wise and benevolent King Spitty has made me King of California (Central). This was due in no small part to the fact that I unofficially held the titles, "King of Everything" and "King Mr. Black" for a quite a few years. You can read about my coronation and the oath I took over at King Spitty's blog, but I wanted to take a few moments to share some details of the celebrations.

The coronation exceeded in pageantry and magnificence anything that the kingdom of California (Central) has witnessed in the past. Immense crowds watched the royal procession, and cheered with enthusiasm as the new King (that's me) walked amongst them. At the moment of the coronation the trumpets sounded, salutes were fired and the vast assemblage of felines outside the building cheered and shouted, "Long live the king!"

The reception for the king (that's me) included a naval review, a performance at the opera, minor celebrations and pageants, among which was the "Festival of Felis Gigantus" at the Catnip Pavilion. MILLIONS WERE IN ATTENDANCE.

One of the features of the day was the singing of Tabby, Manx, Persian and Calico airs by a chorus of 150 voices under the direction of Prof. W. McKatzie. As at the ancient ceremonies of coronation of the French cat kings, after the ritual of the sprinkling of the catnip, some white doves were let loose, causing much excitement amongst the crowd.

My immediate plans will include a cruise on one of the royal yachts to recuperate from the fatigue of the ceremonies.

Below are my coat of arms, my official royal portrait, and a photo of me surveying a small part of my vast landholdings. My eternal gratitude to King Spitty for commissioning these works from his court painter and scribe.



I am also known as the "Shy King."


A contemplative moment.

15 comments:

Katie Isabella said...

Your Majesty!!

Gigi said...

I am most appreciative of the additional detail you provided as I was overcome with the exhaustion of it all. As you know, our preparations were extensive and the day itself quite fatiguing.

I hope you enjoy your cruise on one of the many Royal Yachts available to you. Perhaps a cruise down the central Coast--Cayucos and Morro Bay--is just what you need to revive your flagging energy? The galley staff provide excellent noms, my furiend.

You are most cordially welcome to our Royal Family, well, me, in other words. Now there are two of us. Maybe we could use a Queen of California (South)?

Katnip Lounge said...

hmmmm...Mr. Black, how about a Royal Consort?

Boldly, Salem the Saucepot

A few Good Cats said...

This certainly is big news! Hail to the king!

Callie (a.k.a. Trouble) said...

Concats on the gaining of a kingdom. I am considering Queenship of Texas, mainly for the extra bling-bling.

The Island Cats said...

Long live King Mr. Black!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Your Majesty!

We are quite awed by all this pageantry although we had always been led to believe that California was a republic. Ah well, things evolve and improve!

Deep Bowing Purrs,
The Chans

CATachresis said...

My noble liege!!! Your dutiful surf and body slave is at your disposal for all time .... well at least until lunch :)

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

How awesome that King Spitty now has another king to share responsibiities with! Make sure you take your royal naps and royal snacks!

Purrrfect Kitty Sitter said...

All hail king Black! :-D

Fuzzy Tales said...

Oh, my...We're so befuddled to be in the presence of royalty, we're not certain how to act. Is licking one's private bits permitted? What about paw washing? We have to look our best for you, of course!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I am COMPLETELY honored that the King stopped by my blog! Imagine my shock when I saw that you are a friend of my dear friend, Spitty! Well...once I knew that and started to read your beautifully written blog...I had no choice but to follow! I am now following you via email subscription and through GFC! I am honored to do so! Love, Cody

Pretinha said...

Que linda celebração, ficamos com lágrimas nos olhos. Adoramos o seu retrato oficial Majestade.
Viva! ao rei Mr. Black!

Colehaus Cats said...

WoW! What preparations! What pageantry! King Black, how may we serve you? Treats? Nip? May we graciously lead you to our most favorite sun puddle?

Ann Boyajian said...

Shy King, I bow down before thee.
Your faithful servant
Skootch